The Canine Council of Morley Field is a volunteer and 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded by Robin Borrelli, Karen Albence, and Judy Copeland with the goals of improving Morley Field dog park. The council has had dedicated board members from the beginning for its formation who include Charlie Lumpkins and Katherine Roe. Since its inception, the council has raised enough money to reseed the grass at Morley Field, put in a fence separating the parking lot from the field, and install a water fountain for the dogs. Future projects include annexing the northern end of the park, more fencing between Florida St. and the park, and lights to illuminate the far southern end of the park during the winter months.
This is a list of improvements that park lovers and their dogs have expressed interest in:
- Reseed the grass
- Develop a culture at the park that encourages more people to pick up dog waste
- Lights for the far side of the park
- Partial fencing along Florida Canyon edge of park to keep dogs from running into the street.
- Annex small northern end of park so it is officially part of the dog park.
If you can help with any of the above or have suggestions for other improvements we can make to the park, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How You Can Help
We need people who can do the following:
- Marketing people
- Update the park kiosk
- A liaison person to work with park rangers, maintenance people and city council members
- Website person to update events
- Coffee event volunteers for morning and evening events
- Grant and donation writer and solicitor
- Physical labor
- Donate materials, goods and services
If you can help with any of the above, please contact us, come to one of our monthly meetings or come say hi at one of our monthly coffee events at the park.
Directions to Morley Field
From the North:
- Take 163 south
- Take the WASHINGTON ST EAST Exit
- Turn Right on WASHINGTON ST.
- Turn Right on POLK AVE.
- Turn Right on PARK BLVD.
- Turn Left onto MORLEY FIELD DR.
- Go Through the 4 Way Stop.
- Take the First Right After the 4 Way Stop (at the top of the hill.)
From the South:
- Take I-5 North
- Take the PERSHING DR exit toward CIVIC CENTER
- Take the PERSHING DR ramp
- Turn LEFT onto FLORIDA DR.
- Turn RIGHT onto MORLEY FIELD DR.
- Turn RIGHT to stay on MORLEY FIELD DR.
Become a Donor
To help us improve Morley Field for our dogs and ourselves, please send checks to: The Canine Council of Morley Field P.O. Box 33574, San Diego, CA 92163 We will mail you a tax deductible receipt on request. Thank you!